Monday, August 08, 2011

I got a box of FRERs Friday night when we were at the grocery store...just because. They say on the front that they can detect BFPs at six days before you were to get your period. That’s impressive, but not useful to me for 2 reasons: one, I have no idea when my period is going to come (I mean, I have SOME idea, but it’s not a small enough window to be useful for this–could be anytime between Friday 8/12 and Tuesday 8/16) and two: the more detailed directions inside the box specify that the test worked 6 days before their period for ...68% of women. It then goes on to say that it worked for 100% of pregnant women by FOUR days before. So waiting those extra 2 days seems a much safer bet.

I was SO tempted to use it today just because it is our anniversary (5 years since the religious ceremony in buenos aires :) and that would basically be the coolest anniversary present ever! And it is 9DPO, so theoretically, it is POSSIBLE to get a BFP at this stage. But, it’s also way more likely to get it at 11 or 13 or even 15DPO, so even without killing all hope, it’s likely that I would get a BFN today. And if I got one I wouldn’t especially feel like telling esther ("wake up, I have to tell you I’m not pregnant yet as far as we know!") and then when the actual day rolls around that we decide together to test, she’ll wonder why there is one test missing from the box.
So that’s my convoluted reasoning as to why I didn’t test today. SORELY tempted, though :)

No comments: